Communication is an important part of everyday and professional life of modern man. Those of us who are able to communicate their views correctly and without difficulty, can achieve great success in many professional fields. A businessman should have a skill set to make mutually beneficial agreements so that new contracts do not bring conflicts, so this is a really important detail.
The use of effective communication skills helps entrepreneurs to create a healthy team environment, ensure smooth operation and coordination of all departments of the company, as well as motivate employees and achieve maximum profits.
Communication as the key to the motivation system
Most companies that operate on the modern market, go through several stages of formation. First it’s a startup with a small staff, then it’s a promising corporation with a growing number of professionals in their workforce. The need to fine-tune internal processes such as the motivation system is an important factor that helps an entrepreneur attract professionals. Here are its general features:
- fairness and comprehensibility;
- employees are motivated to fulfil their tasks in order to achieve the company’s strategic goals;
However, any motivation system will not be effective without communication within the team, as each employee must not only be aware of the process, but also be consonant with the rules it contains. Motivation programmes will be ineffective if people do not understand the value of the methods used by management and how they operate.
Basic communication functions
You can establish communication between the company and its employees, partners or consumers only if your firm has a system of effective communication. There are some general functions it performs:
- Quick problem solving. Well-established communication within the company will help not only to timely learn about upcoming problems, but also to deal with them quickly and efficiently.
- Choosing the right direction. The quality and relevance of the decisions made in the organisation are directly dependent on the completeness and quality of the information that management possesses.
- Coordination of activities of different departments. In a large corporation, it will be difficult to ensure the smooth operation of all departments and branches. You can achieve accurate coordination only through effective communication.
- Building morale. In a team with good communication, employees feel more confident. They know that they can always convey their grievances to management and be heard. Building mutual trust increases the loyalty of the company’s employees.
- Improving management efficiency. Through internal communication, the company’s management informs about goals and objectives, assigns responsibilities and provides recommendations. The accuracy of the instructions and their timely delivery to employees allows entrepreneurs and other professionals to perform the tasks on time.
- Employee involvement. There are many dispersed teams in which each employee performs only the required minimum, which gives them the opportunity to stay at work. This structure leads to a lack of discipline, reduced quality of goods and services and other problems of the whole firm. The best strategy in this case is to improve team communication. It is important for employees to know how their work affects the company and understand their own value for its development.
That communication influences company sales and customer loyalty. The main reason and risk that the buyer will remain dissatisfied is insufficient information and incorrect presentation of information. Effective communication aims to provide customers with full and truthful information about the product.
Effective communication and its structurization
To do this, you should pay attention to such factors as:
- Both communicators should be fully informed.
- Communication is successful if the specialist has confidence that the recipient has received the message, understood it and provided feedback.
The communication system should be an ideal staff awareness programme, the objective of which is to properly plan the set of actions in order to establish contact and ensure full staff awareness.
To do this, you should organise the following stages:
- The selection of criteria by which the success of this procedure will be analysed. Among them are quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Identify communication channels: face-to-face meeting, e-mails, information on the site, corporate media or a combination of them.
- Creating the possibility of feedback through questionnaires, testing or voting.
One of the most important resources in business is your project team. If your employees are not motivated or misinformed about their goals, they will not be able to work properly. The main task of the manager is to organise communication processes so that each staff member has a clear understanding of the tasks and is motivated to do them fully.